The Platform on Sport for Development and Peace is dedicated to spreading information and ideas, promoting initiatives, encouraging study and research, and creating practical tools and actions in the use of sport for peace and development.
It also aims to educate the Ibero-american public in the field of sport for development and seeks to contribute to the strengthening of this sector by convening its main players in a virtual space that can lead to the implementation of concrete actions in the use of sport as a social catalyst in our region.
The Platform was created by Alexander Cárdenas Ph.D., consultant, researcher and academic in this field.
- Become the leading hub in sport for development and peace in the Spanish-speaking world while connecting the region to global SDP
- Facilitate the development of a community of stakeholders interested in the promotion of sport as a social development tool in the region
- Exchange ideas, opinions and experiences related to sport as a social catalyst
- Showcase sport for social change initiatives
- Together with the SDP community, generate tools and resources that can benefit program implementers and practitioners
- Promote research on sport for development to energize this emerging interdisciplinary field